Thu 30 Nov 2023 • TRC News
Monday happenings at The Running Conference 2023 presented by haku
SHARE THIS POST
Running Industry Alliance (RIA) has unveiled further details about happenings and activations at The Running Conference 2023 presented by haku, which takes place from 10th – 12th December 2023 at Holywell Park Conference Centre, Loughborough University.
After the start of TRC23 on Sunday which includes a mix of activations and networking, Monday (11th December) sees the first day of content curated by and for the Running Industry, delivered by an inspiring roster of speakers across two rooms as well as panels and round table discussions. All are designed to educate, inform, and create thought-provoking conversations and joined-up action for the benefit and growth of the Running Industry in a safe business space environment.
Monday’s focus will be on (1) The Market Place; (2) Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB); (3) Business Health & Wellbeing. Click here for the full Monday agenda details.
A number of activations and networking will also take place throughout the day, overview as follows:
· Monday early AM strength & conditioning session hosted by RUNNA
· Monday early AM run hosted by RUN ULTRA, Ultra Magazine, The Green Runners and Coopah, and supported by SILVA and Injini
· Breakfast & Networking in The Restaurant hosted by haku
· Dual content run across two rooms, see above for focus areas or click here
· Lunch & Networking in The Restaurant hosted by Endurance Zone
· Afternoon of activities with multiple options for all abilities across running, movement & networking:
1. Trail Running Experience at a local wood trail location hosted by Threshold Sports and with Tom Evans. Supported by adidas TERREX, Moonlight and Red Bull. (outdoor session)
2. Test and Track Running Experience with Sarah McDonald hosted by On (outdoor session)
3. Mindfulness workshop with expert Celina Hanson hosted by ASICS (indoor session)
4. Running with Poles Workshop with Charlie Sproson hosted by Mountain Run (outdoor session)
· Drinks reception and dinner in The Restaurant hosted by Running Industry Alliance
· Fundraising hosted by GivenGain, splitting raised funds between Dame Kelly Holmes Trust and Personal Best Foundation with a focus on the future of the industry
· Running Celebration Evening hosted by SCOTT with a focus on off-road running and featuring chats with athletes Jo Meek and Ellis Bland
Details about the Pop Up Discovery Spaces (PUDS) and Round Tables will be unveiled next week.
The Running Conference 2023 presented by haku is the annual RIA Members in-person meet up and features content specifically curated for RIA Members based on topics that are relevant, timely, and impactful for the sport and business of Running. The content will focus on the areas of The Market Place; Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB); Health and Wellbeing; Sustainability ; Research, Data and Insights; Future; with a mix of speakers, panels, workshops, round table discussions, activations, celebrations and plenty of industry (B2B) networking.
Registration for TRC23 and RIA membership applications for 2023 are now closed and will reopen on 15th January 2024. Anyone who wants to apply to join RIA in 2024 and attend TRC24 should complete the membership enquiry form or contact email@example.com.