Fri 29 Sep 2023 • TRC News
First-look reports at TRC23: Sustainability in Running Research
SHARE THIS POST
Sporting Insights & The Running Channel team up for sustainability in running research
Sporting Insights & The Running Channel team up for sustainability in running research with a first-look report at The Running Conference 2023
Fieldwork with The Running Channel audience is currently underway to find out what runners really think and do in terms of being sustainable with their running activities.
- Compared to their day-to-day lives, are they more or less conscious about sustainability with their running activities?
- Do they consider product sustainability credentials when making purchase decisions? Which brands do they think are most sustainable?
- How do they dispose of their used running gear? What options are they aware of?
- Do the actions running events take to be more sustainable matter to runners?
- Would they be willing to pay more for products with better sustainability credentials?
- What can the running industry do to help runners take more sustainable actions?
This research will delve into these questions and more to build up a picture of runners’ current attitudes and behaviours towards sustainability in running as well as their future intentions and how the industry can help them.
The need for this deeper research was established from the initial "Myth Busting" at The Running Conference 2022 and connections were made together to create a partnership to activate further research.
First-look findings will be shared at The Running Conference in December with Running Industry Alliance (RIA) Members and more detailed reports will be available for purchase including brand reports for footwear and clothing.
To find out more about this research please contact Hannah at Sporting Insights (Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org ).